Web 2.0 Development With Aptana Studio
Aptana is backed by many big names in the industry. The advisory board is made up of Ajax gurus like Brendan Eich and John Resig from Mozilla, Dion Almaer and Ben Galbraith who are the founder and co-founder of ajaxian.com, and Jack Slocum from EXT JS. With a lineup like this, it is no surprise that the Aptana Studio has as many downloads and as much supports as it does.
- FTP Support – There is built-in FTP support for working with remote files. The community edition includes only basic FTP protocols, while the professional edition adds SFTP support.
- Plugins – There are many plugins available to extend the functionality of the IDE including SVN, MySQL, PHP, and more.
- Code Snippets – There are many code snippets integrated with the default package that can save time when using common code techniques.
- Debugging – There is integrated debugging with Firebug for Firefox. The professional version also includes debugging capabilities for Internet Explorer.
- DOM Support – There is an integrated code assist function that provides help for browser support and information pertaining to the DOM.
- Code Assist – There are helpful hints and suggestions for HTML and CSS code to speed up the development process.
- Integrated Proxy – There are proxy capabilities available to allow Aptana to be used behind a firewall.
- Error Checking – There is line by line error checking and reporting to take the guess work out of troubleshooting. You will be told and shown what and where the error occurred.