10 WordPress Plugins Everyone Should Have
As a follow up to my earlier post on how to create your own wordpress widget, I have compiled a list of wordpress plugins that everyone should have. You don't necessarily have to use them all the time; however, they should be installed and ready to go. The list is in no particular order.
- WP Google Analytics - Easily integrate your Google Analytics code into your wordpress blog and start gaining insights into your traffic.
- FeedBurner FeedSmith - Easily redirect all your feed traffic to your feedburner account.
- WP-Polls - Add polls to your sidebar or any post with this easy to use poll plugin.
- WP-PostRatings - Allow readers to vote on and rate your posts. Easy to use and integrate ajax implementation.
- WP-PostViews - Track and display how many times your post has been viewed.
- Sociable - Allow readers to add your post to the major social networks in the click of a button.
- Google Sitemaps Generator - Recommended for serious bloggers. This plugin generates sitemaps to Google's specifications for better SEO.
- CForms - Great contact form; easily allows visitors to contact you through a form instead of an email address.
- Search-Highlighter - Seeing my search keyword highlighted in a post makes my life a lot easier.
- All in One SEO Pack - This is the most advanced plugin on the list. It helps get your SEO rankings higher, but may take a little tweaking.
What plugins do you use and find helpful? Let us know in the comments.